In fresh years, keratoconus and keratoectasia became more and more vital ophthalmic ailments as a result of expanding variety of keratorefractive surgical procedures being played, the following emerging variety of problems, and the supply of recent therapy modalities for keratoconus and keratoectasia except corneal transplantation. For either the genetic type of the affliction (keratoconus) and the received shape (keratoectasia), new modalities of analysis and therapy have enabled physicians to regulate and deal with those ailments previous and extra successfully, which could hold up or perhaps hinder significant surgeries.
Keratoconus and Keratoectasia: Prevention, prognosis, and therapy by Dr. Ming Wang, in addition to over forty members, represents the 1st state of the art, complete synthesis of the present realizing of the etiology, prevention, prognosis, and remedy of keratoconus and keratoectasia.
Diagnostic Modalities Include:
- Topographic analysis – placido disc and elevational mapping analysis
- Posterior corneal research, three-point contact approach and FFKC standards 2009
- Corneal pachymetry mapping and development analysis
- Statistical research programs for KC
- New imaging applied sciences for the cornea together with OCT
- Topographic corneal irregularity research for top rate IOLs
- Measuring corneal power – corneal hysteresis
- Corneal epithelial mapping with ultrasound biomicroscopy
- Wavefront research in keratoconus
- Infrared gentle snapshot screening – a brand new screening software for keratoconus
- Non-surgical remedy with touch lenses
- Ocular floor treatment
- Lamellar and penetrating keratoplasty
- Excimer laser floor treatment
- Topography-guided excimer laser treatment
- Wavefront-guided excimer laser treatment
- Intacs intracorneal segment
- UV-cross linking
- mixture remedy of cross-linking, Intacs and excimer laser ablation
- destiny treatment
Keratoconus and Keratoectasia: Prevention, analysis, and therapy is a concise, well-illustrated and clinically quintessential consultant for treating those very important ophthalmic illnesses and is a must have for all ophthalmologists, optometrists, citizens, fellows, and scientific students.