By Erick Tejkowski
Cocoa programming isn't just the well-liked improvement setting for Mac OS X, it’s additionally a main device for developing iPhone and iPod contact software program. That makes this a good time to profit Cocoa, and Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X For Dummies is the fitting position to start!
This ebook offers an outstanding starting place in Cocoa and the weird syntax of Objective-C. You’ll research what’s new in Cocoa frameworks and create an software step-by-step. for instance, you can:
• See how Xcode underlies your functions because the major portion of Apple’s IDE
• learn the fundamentals of the Objective-C language, the weather of a Cocoa interface, and object-oriented programming
• Use Xcode and Interface Builder
• Spruce up your apps with audio, video, net gains, stylized textual content, and more
• Create functions with the beautiful images for which Macs are famous
• See the way to construct apps with a number of records or even executables that aren’t conventional Mac apps
• Use all of the interesting new Cocoa features
• paintings with Cocoa numbers, arrays, Booleans, and dates
• construct document-based applications
• Simplify with key-value coding
The greater Cocoa programming, the higher the purposes you could create for Mac OS X, iPhone, and iPod contact. Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X For Dummies makes it effortless and fun!
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and different supplementary fabrics aren't integrated as a part of publication dossier.
Read Online or Download Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X for Dummies PDF
Similar computing books
Those that have made the swap from a home windows computer to a Mac have made Switching to the Mac: The lacking guide a runaway bestseller.
The most recent version of this consultant provides what Apple doesn't every thing you want to recognize to effectively and painlessly movement your records and adapt to Mac's method of doing issues. Written with wit and objectivity through lacking guide sequence writer and bestselling writer David Pogue, this publication can have you up and working in your new Mac very quickly. "
So that it will comprehend the function of pcs in society, it is very important give some thought to the complicated dating among the layout and use of pcs from the viewpoint of the user.
Computers in Swedish Society experiences this shift within the historiography of computing from inventors and suggestions to a user-perspective, and examines how the appropriate resources may be created, accumulated, preserved, and disseminated. The textual content describes and evaluates a collaborative venture in Sweden that documented the tales of round seven hundred humans, and received vast donations of archival documents and artifacts. The booklet additionally presents a severe dialogue at the interpretation of oral facts, providing 3 case stories on how this facts can tell us in regards to the interplay of computing with large-scale alterations in economies, cultures, and societies.
Topics and features:
* Describes a historiography aimed toward addressing the query of the way computing formed and remodeled Swedish society among 1950 and 1980
* offers a user-centered standpoint at the heritage of computing, after explaining some great benefits of such an approach
* Examines the documentation of clients, describing novel and leading edge documentation equipment similar to witness seminars and Internet-based collections of memories
* Discusses the professionals and cons of collaborative tasks among academia and industry
* offers case reports at the interpretation of oral facts, facing social networks and flows of data, clients and makes use of of know-how, and the materiality and geography of computing
The tools and documentation of clients defined during this distinctive text/reference won't basically be of serious curiosity to historians of computing, expertise, technological know-how and medication, but in addition to researchers in technological know-how and know-how stories, in library and data reports, and in ethnography, ethnology and folkloristic stories.
Computing technological know-how is a technological know-how of positive equipment. the answer of an issue needs to be defined officially by means of confident concepts, whether it is to be evaluated on a working laptop or computer. The Marktoberdorf complicated examine Institute 1988 provided a entire survey of the hot study in positive equipment in Computing technology.
- Artificial Intelligence and Soft Computing - ICAISC 2004: 7th International Conference, Zakopane, Poland, June 7-11, 2004. Proceedings
- High Performance Computing on Vector Systems 2008
- Parsing the Turing Test: Philosophical and Methodological Issues in the Quest for the Thinking Computer
- Cloud Computing for Enterprise Architectures
- Wireframing Essentials
Additional resources for Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X for Dummies
Quit the application to return to Xcode. 8. Choose Run➪Console to see the status of the last run. If your project executed without a hitch, the Console window displays a message like this: My First Project has exited with status 0. Chapter 3: Xcode The status 0 message indicates that Xcode encountered no errors during execution of the application. This is a good thing and means that your project is free from certain kinds of errors. If you’re using the Default layout, the Console window appears as a separate window, as shown in Figure 3-3.
Using a familiar document approach, Xcode lets you organize the components of a Cocoa project in one easy-to-use document. Figure 1-1 shows a Cocoa project opened in Xcode. ✓ You also use Xcode to write and edit Cocoa source code. When you write code for a project, Xcode guides you by coloring the syntax, indenting code automatically, and providing auto-completion features to reduce the amount of typing (and remembering) that you have to do. It also offers convenient one-click access to all the functions in your code, as shown in Figure 1-2.
The result of the mathematical operation is displayed in the third text field. You need not change the properties for the first two text fields, but the third one needs a minor adjustment. The answer to the calculation will appear in the third text field, so you need to make its contents unalterable by the user. 4. Select the third text field and then choose Tools➪Inspector to display the Inspector window. From the list of properties, deselect the Editable option (see Figure 2-10). The text field is now uneditable, as you might have guessed.